Short Format Film Grants
(Apply for grant and submit films here)
The Foundation's Short Format Film Grants provide grants to undergraduate and graduate film school students for the creation of short format video content that has the potential to effectively influence people to pursue a more plant-based lifestyle.Completed short format content that ranges in duration from :15 seconds to :60 seconds is eligible for submission. Awards range from $2,000 - $10,000 dollars.
We accept submissions in June and issue awards to the top short format projects in August. Interested program participants will have the opportunity to use images, clips and video from national animal welfare organizations in the production of projects intended for submission, if desired.
Submissions can consist of either previously produced or originally produced content, or be a compilation of the two. Animated and other non-live action formats are equally acceptable.
In order to be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must hold artistic, budgetary and editorial control and must own the copyright of the project.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be citizens or legal residents of the United States or its territories.
- All projects must have a full-length rough or fine cut to be considered.
Projects NOT eligible:
- Final cuts of projects must be :60 seconds or less in duration.
Projects having broadcast lengths greater than 60 seconds.
Projects in the script development stage.
- Thesis projects or student works that are co- or solely-owned or copy-written, or otherwise editorially or fiscally controlled by the school.
Projects or production entities which are foreign-based, owned or controlled.
Industrial or promotional projects.
Our funding process will use the following guidelines in awarding grants:
- Is the story idea compelling, engaging, original and well-conceived?
- Does the project have the potential to influence eating habits of American consumers?
- Is the visual/stylistic treatment effective and distinctive?
- Will the project appeal not only to vegan or vegetarian viewers, but to a broader audience?
More questions? Contact email@example.com